Saturday 23 August 2014

Routing the pickup and wiring cavities

I didn't get any pictures of this during the process.  After modifying my cheap router to "fix" the broken plunge depth lock (used a small set of mole grips) I successfully routed the cavities using an acrylic humbucker template from Amazon.


It's not the neatest job in the world but again, it's only my fourth time using a router so not too bad for beginner.


Then routed out a small wiring channel between the pickup cavities, made openings into the acoustic chamber for the pickup switch and the volume/tone controls.  Looks like I could have gotten away with not adding the bridge post supports but I'm glad I did.


Drilled the hole for the jack socket.


 Test fit to see how everything looks...

 Well, it certainly looks like a guitar now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment